By now, you are probably still not getting sufficient sleep, but you are better adjusted to your busy schedule as a mom. Your baby is pretty interactive and doing a lot of new things now and he/she is perhaps trying to drag himself up to a better standing position.
They must be super and extra curious about food now. Babies can also follow a spoon with their eyes as it travels from the table to their mom’s mouth. They can probably even ask for a morsel or two. The baby is a lot bigger, and you are probably wondering where the time has flown away.
But at the same time, you are excited about the incredible adventures that are yet to unfold before them.
One of these exciting adventures is learning how to drink from a glass properly like a grown-up. So, we have listed some best sippy cups for toddlers from which they can drink easily. Believe me, this is not only the solution of your child’s problem but yours as well.
Before that, let just see the types of sippy cup, so that you are well equipped.
Why spout, handle, valve, and lid of Sippy cups?
The spout is working like a nipple, and a baby will use it for sucking drink or liquid from bottles. Will the handle teach your kid how to drink milk or water from a regular cup? The lid is the top of the Sippy cups to prevent liquid from dust, and the valve working through surface tension to prevent the toddlers’ drinks from leakage when they are not sucking, and the cup is upended down.
Soft Sippy Cups
Soft Sippy cups are recommended for those toddlers when their age is under one year because their spout is made from soft plastic for sucking drink from the cups.
Hard Sippy Cups
When the baby is able to chew the soft spout of Sippy cups, then mom needs to change soft Sippy cups to hard ones because their spout is made from rigid plastic, and kids will be unable to chew it. The recommended age for a hard one is 10 to 18 months.
Straw Sippy Cups
When kids a bit younger and refused other Sippy cups, then mom will use straw Sippy cups instead of spout because they are still no-spill, but they will train your kids for regular cups.
- 8 Best sippy cups for toddlers to drink milk
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
8 Best sippy cups for toddlers to drink milk
1. Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup
- Set of (2) 7 ounce toddler cups with dentist recommended spotless design
- 360 degree drinking edge eliminates spills completely
- Cup automatically seals when you are done drinking
- Handles are easy for little hands to hold
- Easy to clean with no extra valves or parts
Kids will able to drink liquid from their 360 edges of cups without leak or spill. When kids are not drinking the liquid, the cup will automatically seal and prevent liquid from a spill. Kids will hold handles and drink milk. Using these Sippy cups, kids will train themself for a standard cup.
Using Munchkin Miracle as a Sippy cup will be safe for kids’ dental health because they will not be able to chew their spout or straw because it is spotless.
You can easily wash this one by dishwasher or manually. You can get apart from it into four pieces and easily clean every part. The recommended age for this cup is nine months and up.
[i2pc pros_icon=”icon icon-check-4″ cons_icon=”icon icon-ban-3″ show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]360 trainer cup
BPA and BPS free
Liquid hold up to 7 ounce[/i2pros][i2cons]Not for those toddlers when their age is less than nine months[/i2cons][/i2pc]
2. NUK Learner Sippy Cup with Soft Spout
- Soft spout is gentle on gums; Ergonomic handles for an easy bottle-to-cup transition
- Interchangeable with NUK Evolution cups and lids
- BPA-free and Dishwasher-safe (top rack)
Toddlers will easily suckle their drink from the leakproof NUK learner Sippy cup, and they learn to drink from the spout and also will hold their cup from the handle without slip when they are excited about their drink. This one is working on the air vent to help kids for a sallow drink instead of air.
Their soft spout is made of silicon and works as a bottle nipple to help kids transition when they are sucking their drink. Their great soft spout is also 100 percent safe for kids’ gums and dental health.
If your child on the stage of learning to drink milk from a spout, then a NUK learner Sippy cup will help them.
[i2pc pros_icon=”icon icon-check-4″ cons_icon=”icon icon-ban-3″ show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Spill free
Cap on the spout to prevent liquid from leakage
Best travel sippy cup
Recommended age six months and up[/i2pros][i2cons]Plastic material[/i2cons][/i2pc]
3. Lollaland Weighted Straw Sippy Cup
- NO VALVE MEANS SUPER EASY TO USE - We are the only valve less cup on the market not shaped like a bear. The idea was to make it easy to drink with a snap lid to stop leaks when on the go.
- EASY TO CLEAN - The cup comes with a straw brush. The straw separates in half and feeds through the lid. That's it. No place for moisture or mold to hide.
- PERFECT TRAINING CUP - The cup has a tiny pressure release hole, if the cup is tipped upside down the pressure hole will drizzle, training your child to keep the cup upright. If knocked over the cup will drip a little and when the lid is snapped shut, the cup is spill proof.
- SUPER SOFT STRAW - The straw material specially formulated to be soft/pliable, durable, as well as free of BPA, PVC, latex, and phthalates. The drawback is that it can stain but it does not lose functionality. Replacement straws are also available.
- MODERN: Kids sippy cups shouldn't only be about super hero and princesses. Simple, modern designs should have a place in a kids sippy cup too! Lollaland's sippy cup with straw adds a pop of color to one of your child's daily habits. The Lollacup matches every type of kitchen and dining table style so you wont' be embarrassed to bring out these toddler sippy cups when guests are over. These toddler sippy cups with straw are some of the best sippy cups for toddlers because of their versatility!
If you are looking for training Sippy cups for your little one that trains him/her for a usual cup, then Lollaland weighted straw Sippy cups will help them because this one is not spill-proof for clearing toddlers concept that liquid spill when the Sippy cups straw turned upside down.
Your kids will be able to hold it from handles to train themselves for regular cups, and parents will quickly fill it because of their wide opening without spilling.
The washing of Lollaland is straightforward; you can easily wash it with a dishwasher. Using this Sippy cup, the kid will be ready for standard cups without spilling any liquid.
[i2pc pros_icon=”icon icon-check-4″ cons_icon=”icon icon-ban-3″ show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]BPA and BPS free
Easy to clean
Best for warm milk[/i2pros][i2cons]Recommended age one years and above[/i2cons][/i2pc]
4. MAM Starter Sippy Cups
- SPILL-FREE EXTRA-SOFT SPOUT – Our MAM sippy cups for toddlers feature a spill-free extra-soft spout to help babies learn the transition from sucking to drinking
- ERGONOMIC SHAPE FOR BABY'S LITTLE HANDS – The extra-light MAM baby sippy cups ergonomic shape easily fits your baby's little hands Designed for babies that are 4-plus months old
- NON-SLIP HANDLES – The non-slip handles make baby cup easy for babies to hold, helping the transition to independent drinking
- INCLUDES A PROTECTIVE DUST CAP – This sippy cup drinking cup includes a dust cap that is spill-proof and protects liquids inside the MAM starter cup from dust and dirt
- PRODUCT DETAILS – MAM Starter Cup (1 Count), Baby Sippy Cup, Sippy Cups for Toddlers With Non-Slip Handles and Ergonomic Shape, Five Ounces, For Boys 4+ Months, Blue
When it’s time for your toddlers to transition to Sippy cups and worry about spilling and kid’s health, then Mom starter will help you because this one is leakproof with a soft spout as well as BPA and BPS free.
Using this one, kids will quickly learn breastfeeding sucking from Sippy cups. Their design is ergonomic, with a rounded cap and nipple on the top with little handles that easily fit in the hand of your toddlers. It also has a dust cap to prevent liquid from dust as well as spill-free.
[i2pc pros_icon=”icon icon-check-4″ cons_icon=”icon icon-ban-3″ show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Extra nipple
Little handles to fit kids hands
Dust cap on the soft spout
Easy to suck drink[/i2pros][i2cons]Nipple short but good for baby[/i2cons][/i2pc]
5. Philips Avent My Easy Sippy Cup
- Designed with a one-piece, built-in valve to prevent spills
- Rippled anti-slip texture is easy for little hands to hold
- Flexible, soft silicone spout is gentle on gums
- Few parts make assembly and cleaning a breeze and all parts are dishwasher safe
- Made of BPA-free material
Philips Avent allows your toddlers to drink their milk or liquid from Sippy cups without leak and for mom to fill it spill-free because of the wide opening with a unique rippled container design without handles, but kids will easily grip it in their hands.
It has a soft silicone spout for kids for the transition process and prevents liquid from spilling and dust.
This Sippy cup is made of plastic that is BPS and BPA free, and you can easily clean it by a dishwasher and manually apart it three parts.
[i2pc pros_icon=”icon icon-check-4″ cons_icon=”icon icon-ban-3″ show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Soft silicone spout
Safe for kids health
Liquid Capacity 9 ounce[/i2pros][i2cons]Without handles but easily grip in kids hand[/i2cons][/i2pc]
6. Tommee Tippee Non-Spill Toddler
- 10-ounce sippy cups designed to keep toddlers hydrated while developing grown-up drinking skills. Recommended for babies 9 months and up
- SPILL-PROOF: Less mess for mom and dad and more fun for baby
- BABY-FRIENDLY: Lightweight with easy-grip sides--perfect for baby's little hands
- EASY CLEAN: All parts are top-shelf dishwasher safe and safe for use in sterilizers
- BABY-SAFE: Free from BPA, BPS, and phthalates
The material used in these Sippy cups is durable plastic but don’t worry because this one is free from BPS and BPA safe for toddlers. It has a removable two-piece valve easy to clean and wash all parts with a dishwasher.
If your kids are excited about breastfeeding and will play and shake Sippy cups and even throw them in a room, then Tommee Tippee will help you prevent the liquid from the spill to clean the room from spilling milk and others.
Design with a lightweight without handles, but sides are easy to grip on the little one hand.
[i2pc pros_icon=”icon icon-check-4″ cons_icon=”icon icon-ban-3″ show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Spill-proof cup
Easy to sip transition
Capacity 10 ounce
Lightweight, easy to hold in kids hands
Recommended age nine months and old[/i2pros][i2cons]Maybe kids will love it[/i2cons][/i2pc]
7. CamelBak Eddy Kids Vacuum
- Just the right bite: Combining the patented camelback big bite valve with a stem tube and shut off valve, this detachable one piece component is simple for kids to use and simple for parents to clean
- Never spill: Easy for small fingers to operate
- Safe and easy: Simplified stem and straw are child safe yet easy to remove for cleaning; All parts are dishwasher safe (top rack only)
- Stain resistant and taste free triton is 100 % free of bpa, bps and bpf; Kid sized, fun and easy to clean, this bottle is ready for any adventure
- Not for children under 3 years
The Camelbak eddy bottle comes with a shut-off valve and stem tube to prevent kid’s liquid from spill when they have put it in a school bag or in a travel bag, and your toddlers will be able to use it for the long term because they are made from stainless steel which is BPA, BPF and BPS free.
Kids will efficiently operate their tiny fingers on the bottle to hold it. They will allow you to purchase extra two straws and valves to make them useful for always. It holds 12 ounces of water.
You can easily clean it by a dishwasher or apart from it into four parts Straw, valve, lid, and bottle and clean each one.
[i2pc pros_icon=”icon icon-check-4″ cons_icon=”icon icon-ban-3″ show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Taste free Never change the liquid taste
Easy to clean
Stainless steel material BPA and BPS free
Spill free[/i2pros][i2cons]Not for kids under three years[/i2cons][/i2pc]
8. Sassy Spoutless Sippy Cup
- Pediatric Dentist recommended 360˚ Spoutless Sippy Cup design, sip anywhere around the rim
- Silicone valve automatically seals when child stops drinking to eliminate spills; spill-proof design; insulated stainless steel design keeps drinks cooler longer
- 3 simple parts easy-to-clean and assemble - Interchangeable lids fit all Sassy cups, and handles work with all non-insulated Sassy Sippy Cups
- Helps children transition to an open cup; designed with a flared rim top for easy drinking and most closely resembles a "grown-up cup"
- Top rack dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, 9oz, 1 count, 12+ months
If your kids are chewing the soft spout and looking for a spout more miniature Sippy cup that teaches your kids how to drink milk or liquid from a standard cup, then Sassy spout less helps you. They allow your child to sip drink around the rim with spill-free because their silicon valve seals their leakage when kids stop to drink and shaking the cups.
It has three simple parts to apart easily and cleans it one by one. It also has removable handles when you want to train your kids for an average cup, then removes it, and a kid will easily hold it by hand to drink the liquid.
The whole cup is made from durable plastic, easily cleaned by a dishwasher, and free from BPA and BPS.
[i2pc pros_icon=”icon icon-check-4″ cons_icon=”icon icon-ban-3″ show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Dentist recommended
Best for warm milk
BPA and BPS free[/i2pros][i2cons]Handles are a bit small[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Picking out a good sippy cup can be complex and challenging, but it is always easier if you know what you are actually looking for. I found that out the hard or difficult way when I personally grabbed a pack in the store one fine day without putting any thought or research into it at all. I just went for the cheapest ones.
That bargain was not such a bargain after all. My little daughter had destroyed those cheap spouts by the end of the first week by biting on them furiously. I had to replace the entire pack, but obviously, I did not get the same kind again.
I put more thought and detailed research this time into it and asked my closest friend what kind her child had been using for drinking milk.
She led me to the one she loved and, even though it was pricier than what I had bought, but still, they were well worth the money since they held up until my baby was completely ready to transition from bottle to cup.
Keep these essential features in mind when searching for a cup your baby will love.
Soft or hard Spouts
Every mother knows his baby than anyone else. If she feels that her child is going to refuse these sippy cups, then they should try a soft mouthpiece. If your young one is habitual of having regular cups, then you should introduce a hard spout.
During our survey, we have also seen that using the soft ones and transitioning after a couple of months to the more complicated type is always a wise thing to do, but only when your child is ready for it.
There is a wide variety of sippy cups when we talk about the materials. A wide range of materials is readily available in the market, including silicon, plastic, latex, stainless steel, glass, and aluminum. If you are still shaken over the BPA controversy and thinking that plastic may be harboring other damaging chemicals, go with a safer material, like glass, as thinking safety on a priority basis for your child is your right.
This is an essential aspect, especially for busy moms who do not need another mess to clean up, but they can be irritating and frustrating for kids who don’t want to work that hard for their drink.
You will need to figure out seriously that how much of a mess you can live with. If the reply is “not much,” then you may want to use leak-free cups, as this is the only option for them.
Sippy cups with handles and without handles, which is entirely on your child’s preference. We have seen that sippy cups with handles for many babies are more accessible and more comfortable to pick up for many babies.
For me, purchasing a cup with handles was the only way to go — it literally stopped my child from dropping her cup after every five seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
When to introduce sippy cups to our kids?
Although, introducing sippy cups to your kid would be beneficial for the kid and for you as well. However, if not bring into contact with the kid at right time may have an adverse effect. So, defining the right age of a kid to use a sippy cup is really important. The American academy of pediatrics says that a child has to be between the age of 6-9 months to use a sippy cup. As this is the age when a child can easily be ablactated.
When should the kids stop using sippy cups?
There is not any strict age limit for a child to stop the sippy cup. But in certain circumstances some of the kids are able to drink using a regular cup before the age of 2. This is why experts advise to let your kid practice drinking from the open cup rather than the sippy one, as they may not later be able to wean it easily.
How to clean the sippy cup for toddler?
The toddlers who use sippy cups frequently are more prone to germs and bacterial infection. To prevent the kids from such adverse effects we must adopt safety measures. Here safety means to rinse and clean the sippy cup as frequent as possible.
Cleaning involves all the tricks and measures that help in maintaining the cup free of germs. The most common two ways to keep it unstained it to adhere to two ways.
Cleaning is simply the process of washing or rinsing the cup with the help of water to eliminate or at least reduce the risk of rising germs with the sippy cup. This will ensure the health of your child as well as the habit of cleaning.
Sanitizing is another extra protective step to kill the microbe that may harm your child. Cleaning plus sanitizing are the two solutions to ensure a safe and sound sippy cup.
Why to prefer straw cup over sippy cup?
Some parents try to grab and go with straw cup instead of sippy cup based on the problems a sippy cup can cause. The straw cup should be identified to your kid when s/he is capable of placing the tongue at the right angle while drinking. Not only that, this will also lead to the development of future speech ability.
Using the straw cup over the sippy one strengthens the kid’s tongue, lips and face muscles. However sippy cups will stimulate forward tongue resting position.