Are you prepared to take your kid out for a spin on a trike but still want to remain in total control? If so, then the best thing is to get the best toddler tricycle but with a push handle. A push handle is a frame or bar attached to the back of the trike. It is purposely designed for maternities to guide the child as they acquire to pedal. You would agree that you definitely remember your first biking experience. The fun we had riding around the neighborhood with our siblings or friends is undoubtedly cannot be forgotten.
Most tricycles for babies and toddlers are appropriate for children of nine-months or older. However, age is not the only measure. Below are the signs that your little one might be able to ride a cycle.
- Your child is able to put his feet easily on the footrest.
- Your child is capable of reaching the steering bar by just using both of his hands
- , and also, your child can easily sit straight inside the bike and keep his head up.
- You can tighten the safety strap around him with limited free space.
Now that you are fully equipped with the critical toddler tricycle with a push handle let’s see the perfect ones in today’s market. We made our selection and picked based on 48 hours of testing, feedback from 32 parents, and the detailed investigation of manufacturers’ manuals.
|Joovy Tricycoo 4.1 Kid's Tricycle, Push Tricycle, Toddler Trike, Blue||Check on Amazon|
|Little Tikes 5-in-1 Deluxe Ride & Relax, Reclining Trike - Red||Check on Amazon|
|Top||Schwinn Roadster Kids Tricycle, Classic Tricycle, Red||Check on Amazon|
|Costzon Tricycle for Toddlers, 4 in 1 Trike w/Parent Handle, Adjustable Canopy, Storage, Safety Harness & Wheel Brakes, Baby Push Tricycle Stroller for Kids Boys Girls Aged 10 Month-5 Years Old, Blue||Check on Amazon|
|Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll 'N Trike||Check on Amazon|
|smarTrike STR5 Folding Toddler Tricycle for 1,2,3 Year Old - 7 in 1 Multi-Stage Trike, Black & White||Check on Amazon|
|besrey Baby Tricycle 7 in 1 Kid Push Trike Stroller Bike with Parent Handle Rear Facing Rubber Wheel Boy Girl Toy 12 M - 6 Years||Check on Amazon|
|Yvolution Y Velo Flippa 4-in-1 Toddler Trike to Balance Bike | Ages 2-5 Years||Check on Amazon|
|Little Tikes Perfect Fit 4-in-1 Trike Teal||Check on Amazon|
|Rolling King 3-in-1 Tricycle for Kids from 2 Years to 5 Years Old (Blue)||Check on Amazon|
|smarTrike Smartfold 300 Folding Baby Tricycle, Red||Check on Amazon|
1. Joovy Tricycoo 4.1 Push Tricycle
Our first pick is Tricycoo 4.1 that features a three-point harness, and it has detachable padding to each side. This is very significant for toddlers because children at this age tend to shift their bodies to only one side. The padding can guard their necks against the hard edges of the protection belt. In addition, the front wheel features a locking mechanism so you can park the bike in a sloped area.
Another superb design of this bike is that the front wheel is gigantic. Many parents criticize that toddler bikes have small-sized front wheels, thus challenging to pedal a full-circle. But the front-facing wheels on Tricycoo 4.1 are 10 inches in diameter, so your kid will have enough room to move his legs and feet. Also, the UV obstructive canopy is extendable and can provide pretty decent coverage of shade from the scorching sun.
- The height of the parent handle is completely adjustable.
- The seat, back, safety strap, and also armrest are completely padded.
- The canopy is extendable to cover a more significant area.
- The front wheel is extra-large and can be locked.
- Has limited storage.
2. Little Tikes 5-in-1 Deluxe Ride & Relax
The first thing you would observe in this tricycle is that it covers an extensive age range from nine months to five years. This means that it is also beneficial for those parents whose kids are having less age gap. One thing we really admire about this trike is the full foot platform. Most children tend to take their feet off the footrest and let them swing in the air. It is dangerous as they may hit glasses or stones, but their shoes (if they are wearing) will scratch the ground, so this purposely built design helps prevent such issues. In terms of well-being, this trike features a soft material seat cover and a high-back seat that can lounge in three positions.
It is also a deal for parents as well. The parent steering bar includes some storage compartments for waters, phones, and snacks. We observed that the handle remained sturdy during our test, even when holding a fully filled water bottle. Additionally, the parent handle is completely adjustable and detachable.
- The seat can recline in 3 positions.
- The parent handle has a cell phone and drink holder.
- The seat can be easily adjusted by just flipping a switch.
- There is more resilience while pushing comparing to some other trikes.
3. Schwinn Roadster 4 in 1 Tricycle
The next Schwinn Roadster Easy Steering can be cast-off in four modes: stroll, pedal, push, and free-biking. Unlike many other multi-stage cycles that can fit babies as well as a child of five-year-old, this trike is intentionally designed just for toddlers between one and three years. Hence, all features are maximized for kids of this age. Once converted to the free-biking mode, the Schwinn Roadster turns into a full-fledged bike.
It is no top-secret that toddlers stain everything they touch quickly. That is why you will find it suitable and convenient to remove the padding for the seat cover, headrest, and armrest. Another unusual design is that instead of a waist bar, this cycle uses armrests to protect the bike’s child. This design makes it more contented, comfortable, and relaxing for kids. Moreover, the armrest is very easy to remove or detach, so you don’t need to disassemble the cycle or use a hand tool.
- Relatively easy to maneuver and assemble.
- The parent handle features a drink holder.
- It features padded armrests.
- The footrest is collapsible.
- Quite heavy and big than most tricycles.
4. Costzon 6-in-1 Folding Tricycle
The Costzon 6-in-1 tricycle can be used for toddlers and kids up to five years. Like most cycles, it transitions from complete control by parents to free-riding by kids. During various stages, you decide if you or your infant should control the pedaling and steering.
We have to include this in our list because Costzon 6-in-1 Trike is one of the few toddler tricycles that can be folded. To fold it in half, you just have to push a button in the middle of the frame. It can be accommodated in most cars once nicely folded. Besides, this cycle is best for those who like to have control of the speed in the free-paddling stage.
- It can be used as a stroller and as well as a bike.
- The pushrod is collapsible and has adjustable handles.
- There are two brakes on the backside of the wheels.
- Everyone cannot afford it.
5. Radio Flyer 4-in-one Stroll and Trike
It is said that this cycle grows with your child by having different riding stages. These stages include toddler trike( 9-18 months), steering trike( 18-24 months), learn-to-ride (2-3 years), and finally, classic trike (4-5 years). The removable fittings allow this tricycle to grow with your youngster. The accessories include an adjustable UV protection canopy, headrest, wrap-around tray, and seat belt, footrest, and parent push handle. The parent steering push handle eliminates for older riders. The sturdy and robust steel frame and adjustable seat guarantee it will last for years.
- UV protection canopy
- Adjustable push handle
- Grows with the child
- Assembling requires a lot of pieces.
- Footrest does not work for long legs.
- Seats are slippery
6. smarTrike STR5 Folding Toddler Tricycle
The next tricycle that we would recommend to you is from smarTrike. The best thing about this cycle is that you can customize this according to your liking as it has a customized visor. Make your tricycle show up with a lettered embroidery of your chosen name and enhance cute design elements. Just trail the simple directions included in your packaging to complete your exclusive look. The visor is not involved inbox and will be sent separately once it is modified just for you.
Filled with safety features, this stroller-certified toddler tricycle confirms a worry and stress-free ride for all. Featuring a parent-controlled brake structure, adjustable five-point harness, and patented shock absorber to keep the baby firmly buckled in.
Fold it in a few clacks for convenient storage and transport, stroll and tricycle with ease using our advanced effortless Touch Steering technology, and hand over directional control to your kid in an instant.
- can be easily folded
- parent control button
- visor is customizable
- Visor has to be bought separately
7. Besrey kid Tricycle 7-in-1
This all-in-one includes seven stages that will grow with your child. The seat can be accustomed and reversed to allow your inquisitive baby to interact with you face to face or observe nature while on the go; multi-position backrest can be adjusted from 110°to 145° （155°for rear-facing seat), to look for the perfect position for your toddler’s comfort and safety.
If your child is too little to paddle, then lock the pedals to stop your toddlers from walking by pressing the red button, or they can simply rest their legs on the footrest under the seat. You can rapidly open the safety bar by merely pressing a red button to enable your toddlers to easily in and out, thus saving them from any unforeseen situation. Lastly, all-terrain rubber wheels guarantee smooth, effortless handling and ride for honey over various grounds.
- UV protection canopy.
- Adjustable parent push handle.
- Rear-facing infant seat.
- Assembling requires time.
- Harness straps don’t adjust properly.
8. Yvolution Y Velo Flippa Trike
This is also a great tricycle that offers four stages to grow with your child. This innovative tricycle takes it one step further by transforming from a tricycle into a two-wheel balance cycle when your kiddos are all ready to take it to the next level. If you have already graduated from toddlerhood, this is a great selection.
Opening out as a simple push trike for earlier toddlers, this cleverly designed tricycle then allows you to take off the handle and set them totally free on their tricycle.
When that’s not quite enough, you can put the handle back on and merge the two back wheels together for an assisted balance bike experience.
- No squeaking sounds
- Adjustable push handle.
- Not much durable
- Wheels do not flip out as they are supposed to
9. Little Tikes Perfect Fit 4-in-1
The next tricycle that we had is not perfect just for kids but is also picture-perfect for the parents as well. This unconventional and advanced trike makes on-the-go travel comfortable and easy with various storage spots. From parents pushing the handle to toddlers learning to pedal, to them starting to steer, and then going all by themselves, this trike keeps pace with your active, the growing child on his toes.
Four stages grow with your child.
Stage 1-Stroll (9+ months) Parents to push and have control: When the foot platform is connected, the child will be incapable of reaching down the pedals.
Stage 2-Pedal (18+ months) Toddlers can learn how to pedal: The child cannot turn the wheel.
Stage 3-Learn (24+ months) Remove the waist bar: Child can steer while parent still has total control with the push bar.
Stage 4-Trike (30+ months) Remove the push bar: This is to let kids go on their own with parent administration.
Furthermore, it consists full shade canopy to defend the child from all angles, a high-back seat for safety and comfort, and an adjustable seat with the flip of a switch. In addition to that, the Full foot platform fully protects the little feet of your young one, while the Large parent storage bucket and bottle holder just add perfection.
- Good storage options
- Includes a tray for cell phone, snack, and drink
- Assembling is required
- The push handle does remain at adjusted height.
10. Rolling King 3-in-1 Tricycle
Rolling King tricycle can be converted into three different modes, which can satisfy children at a different age, ranging from 18 months to 5 years old. This tricycle design delivers fantastic fun for kids and as well as for parents. It can convert into three different modes to make it appropriate and accurate for kids between the age of 18 months and five years. For smooth and systematic rolling, this bike boasts non-slip tires. Correspondingly, this trike is equipped with functional shock absorbers to permit smooth riding on all types of terrains. The bike with a push handle also features a removable push handle which gives the parents total control for the young ones who have not yet mastered the art of riding.
Besides, this bike boasts diverse modes to ensure the bike grows with your kid. The parent can smoothly convert this trike into a balanced bike when the kid becomes of the required age. The soft grip handles allow easy and smooth maneuver while the large wheels help in reliable performance since they can stand against all terrains.
- Folds up
- Durable tires
- No Canopy
- Nonadjustable seat
11. SmarTrike SmartFold 500 Tricycle
The SmartTrike Smart can be used in six different styles, ranging from 9 months to 3 years. An exclusive design of this bike is the footrest for the baby stage. Unlike many other bikes, the full-length footrest is extended horizontally so that your toddler can fully rest his legs. This method, you don’t need to concern about his feet scratching the ground.
The most unique and exclusive feature is the touch-and-go technology. You just have to touch the parent handle, and the cycle will move in the direction you want to head towards. That way, you can free up at least one hand for other responsibilities such as making a phone call. You can even activate the touch steering by just pressing a button under the mudguard and winding the front-facing wheel.
- It is portable and compact
- The front-wheel features shock absorbers are designed for heavy bumpy roads.
- The seat and safety harness is greatly padded and removable
- The maximum weight is 38 pounds, so it might not be suitable for heavier toddlers.
Now when you know what options are available for you in the market, let’s see the factors that are important enough to look at when heading towards the market. This part of the guide will focus on those crucial and vital features and characteristics that are very necessary to consider.
Keeping in mind these all points will enable you to evaluate and judge any tricycle and avoid any shade of post-purchase dissonance and help your child have a memorable lifetime experience.
Have a look!!
- Child’s ability to Steer: There are generally two types of tricycles available. Some of the cycles allow your child to practice steering having the parent’s push handle installed, while the other kinds of tricycles totally override this concept. You who have to decide that if the push handle can be steered by your kid by himself or does he needs your help. You can opt to give your child the liberty to explore steering, or you don’t want to engage in a back-and-forth war when you are on the go. Take the decision according to your requirement.
- Safety: Safety is the primary aspect when it comes to children. You would have to make sure that your child is completely safe while riding his tricycle. Those safety features include harnesses, footrests, and safety bars, which your tricycle should have, especially when it is on the younger side. Suppose your child has passed the early stages of his babyhood, so you have to consider the material from which the tricycle is being made. Suppose if the cycle is made from plastic or metal, so what materials can possibly harm your child if he had an accident. So be cautious before it’s too late.
- Adjustable Seats, handles, and Paddles: Toddlers are of various and different ages, height, and weight, and the best thing is that they do not stop growing. It is imperative to purchase the tricycle that can adjust and accommodate your child correctly, and handles, seats, or paddles are those sources through which you can make a cycle according to your child. You have to make sure that all these bike components are positioned correctly and accurately to avoid any sort of mishaps.
Tricycles are an essential source of your child’s increased confidence, independence, or improved motor skills. Choosing the tricycles with a push button is an ideal introduction for your toddler in the world of bike riding as it offers them an excellent opportunity to learn.
Just ensure that you take proper notice of all the considerations and your child is good to go.